The Lesaffre SI transforms its yeast effluents in Agricultural supplies
|In domains||Agriculture, Energy Conservation, Reduced Toxicity, Reduction of Greenhouse Gases|
A corporate citizen, Lesaffre intends to reduce at the maximum the amount of effluent discharged at the end of its production. Anticipating regulatory and environmental constraints, the company transforms them to meet the needs of its customers in fertilizers
To independently ensure an effective treatment of recovered yeast liquid effluents, and to reject a clean water in the Marque.
To produce derived liquid and solid products responding to precise specifications for the greatest satisfaction of the users both in fertilization and in animal nutrition.
Mise en place
The flows, mainly composed of derivatives, are homogenized then pre-concentrated. The first treatment stabilizes them and limits the development of odor through secondary fermentations.
The concentration allows the obtaining of a liquid organic fertilizer, beet juice and des-sweetened cane, used in several ways:
- As such as a liquid fertilizer intended for agriculture,
- After a chemical treatment, allowing the concentration of this juice, the obtained derivative is enriched in protein and used as raw material for animal nutrition.
- In concentrated form, it also serves to obtain by centrifugation a solid fertilizer composed primarily of potassium sulphate and used as raw material for the fertilizer industry.
The waters evaporated during concentration still containing volatile organic compounds are processed in a wastewater treatment plant which generates biogas and an organic amendment, the Fertel, which is dried and granulated using the biogas.
• The sale of by-products generates a revenue of 3,000 kilo Euros, which reduces the production cost of by-products.
Pratiques dans la même catégorie
- Aucun document disponible