Bruneau (3SI group) includes energy conservation in profit-sharing bonus
|In domains||Energy Conservation, Office Furnishings|
The 3 Suisses International Group has been developing an environmental management approach, particularly thanks to investments in renewable energies (windmills, biomass, solar panels). Bruneau, as its subsidiary, is involved in reducing energy consumption.
Getting employees to reduce buildings power consumption by creating a performance indicator included in their profit-sharing bonus.
• Defining and following-up a performance indicator:
Power consumption (kW) of all buildings /
(Range of opening times of the company x number of working days per month x 1000)
• Negotiating with unions and management to modify the profit-sharing agreement and integrate the indicator with the company’s objectives.
• Getting the employees to be aware, to understand and to be trained
The scheme has to be built by both Human Resources Management and the Technical and Environment Services.
Creation and publishing of communication and information tools (“energy savings” booklet, signs in the premises,etc) in partnership with WWF (contribution in kind and use of its “Planet Attitude” Guide).
Implementation of an “environment correspondents” network in each service to pass on messages.
Make employees aware of civic gestures: turning off electric and computer systems at noon and at the end of the working day, switching the lights on or off according to the outdoor luminance and the number of people in the rooms (offices, meeting rooms, toilets,etc), choosing fluorescent lighting and “environment” certified systems when it comes to replacing others.
Emailing and communicating the monthly results in the corporate paper to the whole workforce.
Regular spreading of easy-to-apply good practices (Environment newsflash).
• Implementation of a profit-sharing bonus of 0.16% of their monthly gross salary to each member of the company for reaching the objective.
• Implementation of complementary equipment to reduce power consumption: solar panels to provide hot water, outside lighting adapted to the luminance, replacement of obsolete equipments with ones that consume less power.
• Power consumption was reduced by 5.61% in 2006.
• The results and the bonus amount were announced during the corporate annual convention (January 2007). The environmental criterion was renewed in 2007 profit-sharing agreement.
• This good practice has been spread to the whole 3SI Group during the “exchange of good practices” meetings.
Other Practices in the same sector
- 5 Apr 2009 - 21:24
- 20 May 2009 - 12:50
- 20 May 2009 - 14:09
- 20 May 2009 - 10:12
- 20 May 2009 - 14:22
- 20 May 2009 - 10:53
- 14 May 2009 - 20:41
- 20 May 2009 - 11:09
- 20 May 2009 - 10:51
- 19 May 2009 - 11:48
- 20 May 2009 - 14:28
- 19 May 2009 - 12:32
- 20 May 2009 - 10:13
- 2 Apr 2009 - 20:54
- 19 May 2010 - 15:23
- 30 Apr 2010 - 14:02
- 13 Jul 2010 - 14:31
- No document available